We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We need to collect and use certain types of information about people with whom we deal in order to operate. These include current, past and prospective employees, suppliers, clients/customers, and others with whom we communicate. In addition, we may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information of this kind to comply with the requirements of government departments for example, business data. This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material – and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by us as very important to successful operations, and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end, we fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as enumerated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information shall be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or those purposes;
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes;
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act; and
- Appropriate technical and organisational measure taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Therefore, we will:
- Observe conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
- Meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used;
- Collect and process appropriate information only to the extent necessary to fulfil operational needs or to comply with applicable legal requirements;
- Ensure the quality of information used;
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held;
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act (including: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one’s personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase incorrect information);
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in our organisation. Currently, the nominated person is the Data Protection Officer.
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for: (i) following good data protection practice, (ii) is appropriately trained to do so, and (iii) appropriately supervised; anyone wanting to make enquiries about our handling of their personal information knows what to do and that queries about our handling of personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with; methods of handling personal information are clearly described;
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed;
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated; and
- Performance with respect to handling personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated.
- What is a “Cookie”?
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website.
- Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to this Website and to ascertain the most popular features of this Website.